Cold laser therapy effectively treats various conditions affecting pets and can speed up recovery from surgery or injuries. At Mountain View Veterinary Clinic in Tucson, AZ, we offer cold laser therapy as a safe and effective way to treat pets.
Laser therapy works by stimulating cells and encouraging the body to heal naturally. The therapy is effective at curing various conditions and providing pain relief. It is also natural and drug-free, so your pet can avoid medications.
Conditions Treated Using Cold Laser Therapy
Some of the most common conditions treated by cold laser therapy include:
- Chronic ear infections
- Skin problems
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Neurological conditions
- Muscle injuries
What Happens During Treatment?
Our veterinarian might shave your dog’s fur before the therapy. Your pet will need to lie down or sit. Our veterinarian holds the laser machine over the affected part for a few minutes. This therapy works by emitting light energy into the damaged area in a pet’s body. The emitted energy improves the function of the cells, accelerating their regeneration. This alleviates pain, reduces inflammation, and encourages faster healing.
The time for a session depends on several factors, such as the type of illness. Some illnesses, especially chronic ones, will take more time than mild ones.
Is Cold Laser Therapy Treatment Painful?
Cold laser treatment is a painless procedure. Some pets fall asleep, since they find it relaxing. Sometimes it causes instant relief from pain, making your pet feel comfortable and relaxed. It also does not cause adverse side effects.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy has been proven to be effective in treating various conditions and alleviating pain in pets. Some of its benefits include:
- It's not painful: The procedure is pain-free. This means that it does not require the administration of anesthesia or make your pet uncomfortable.
- It's non-invasive: It does not require procedures like surgery or the use of drugs, which can cause adverse side effects.
- It can be used with other therapies: Our vet can decide to use cold laser therapy and other medical procedures for faster and effective healing.
- It treats acute problems: The therapy is effective in treating acute problems, such as ear infections. It can also be used as a long-term management therapy for diseases like arthritis.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Veterinarian for Pet Laser Therapy
At Mountain View Veterinary Clinic in Tucson, AZ, we offer cold laser therapy, a non-invasive and safe procedure, to treat various conditions affecting pets. Depending on the type and severity of illness, it can be used alone or together with existing therapies. We are highly trained and experienced to help your pet regain its health and live life to the fullest. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more.